HIGH SCHOOL LIT PROGRAM
Leadership is one of the 5 values of GroveYouth. Because of this, we want to offer students opportunities to grow in discipleship through leadership development. The High School Leader in Training (LIT) Program offers high schools students a chance to develop this leadership through learning and serving in community. This year we are asking for applications and commitments per semester as opposed to a whole year commitment.
Who: Students in Grade 9-12
Description: A group of high school students coming together to serve the Jr. High ministry in a variety of ways and learning together in discipleship.
Program Elements: Set up and clean up for the Jr. High program and a small group time of learning for leadership and discipleship.
Time Commitment: Friday nights from approximately 6:15pm-9:45pm (excluding school breaks).
Qualifications to Apply:
- You are in Grades 9-12.
- You are a believer in and follower of Jesus Christ.
- You are desiring to grow in your relationship with Jesus and your leadership abilities.
- You have read and understood the Mennonite Brethren Confession of Faith and understand that it is the basis of what is taught at Forest Grove Community Church.
- You must attend training.
- You are committed to showing up on time and staying until the evening is done (6:15-9:45pm) and are ready to participate in all portions of our night together.
- You are willing to communicate appropriately if you will be absent for a program night.We expect ONE WEEK notice when possible, and that you attend at least 2/4 weeks per month.
- Everyone must apply, even if you were apart of the LITs last year/term.
- To apply, you need to provide the name and email address of an adult (18 or older) who has been in a supervisory position over you (ex. LIT Coordinator, boss/supervisor at a job, teacher, coach, etc.). Please have that information ready before you begin the application process.
Application deadline: August 28, 2021
You will be contacted shortly after the application deadline by email and/or phone.
If you have any questions, contact Cloe Wiens – 306.292.8607 // firstname.lastname@example.org