Children’s Ministry Coordinator
The Gathering at Broadway, a congregation of FGCC, is currently accepting applications for a Children’s Ministry Coordinator. This is a 15% role of approximately 6 hours per week, and will provide leadership and coordination to our Children’s Ministry at The Gathering. Applicants should have experience with kids and volunteers, good communication skills, and fit well with The Gathering congregation. The successful applicant will also have a strong sense of identity with and commitment to the values and beliefs of Forest Grove Community Church as a whole.
- Recruiting, Training, and Encouraging volunteer teams to lead Sunday morning Children’s activities and learning times.
- Research and choose curriculum components that fit well with the vision of The Gathering congregation.
- Organize volunteers, establish schedules, and set them up for success on a Sunday morning.
- Experience and/or training in teaching children and recruiting and leading adult and youth volunteers to serve children in church or other contexts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly as it relates to recruiting and encouraging volunteers: humility, the ability to listen to the ideas of others, the capacity to navigate conflict, flexibility, self-confidence
- Ability to be a team player and take direction from a supervisor
- Education in the areas of teaching, children’s ministry, Biblical or theological studies would be an asset.
For a full job description, inquiries, or to apply, please email: Sue Enns, Director of Operations.